Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) is a 4 years Bachelor Level Program. It is a course under the Faculty of Management or Commerce. This course can be taken after the completion of 10+2/ intermediate/ proficiency certificate/ equivalent level in Management, Science or other fields as well. Tribhuvan University (TU), Mid Western University (MWU or MU) and Far Western University (FWU or FU) offer this course in Nepal currently.
The main objective of this program is to prepare students to become competent, skilled, confident, and socially responsive professionals. The graduates can effectively support managerial, entrepreneurial and leadership roles in business, social and financial organizations.
This course is similar to the BBA. The difference is, BBS focuses majorly on practical exposure, not in the theoretical study. Various business courses are integrated with a realistic and industry-based focus to build sound business ideas in this course. Students can specialize in management, accounting, marketing, and information systems.
Course details of Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) in Tribhuvan University (TU)
|Course||Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)|
|Examination Type||Yearly system|
|Fee structure||Rs. 1, 04,000|
For Tribhuvan University (TU):
The candidates must:
- Obtain a minimum of grade ‘D+’ in all the subjects of grade 11 and 12 or a minimum score of second division marks or GPA 6 in aggregate in 10+2 or intermediate or proficiency certificate level or equivalent in any discipline.
- Successfully complete twelve-year schooling or its equivalent from any University, Board or Institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
The candidates must:
- Complete 10+2 in any discipline.
- Secure the minimum marks at their intermediate level as prescribed by the Faculty Board or Campus concerned.
The fee for this course is cheaper compared to other management degrees. Fee structure of this program is Rs.25,200/- per year.
Options for Advanced Study:
Graduates can continue their study in the given courses:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Master of Business Studies (MBS)
- Masters of Business Management (MBM)
- Masters of Public Administration (MPA)
- Masters of Finance and Control (MFC)
- Masters of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in Management
- Masters of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in Public Administration
- Chartered Accountant (CA), etc.
The graduates can even get a chance to study other courses abroad.
Career, Scope and Job Prospects:
The graduates can work as marketing, finance, operations and human resources managers in manufacturing and service industries. They can pursue their career in administrative positions in different government organizations, NGOs, and INGOs.
They can function as brokers, investors, or portfolio managers, advertisement or sales managers, finance managers, accountants, auditors, and management trainees.